Marilyn's Crafting Schedule - Join the FUN!!!

Crafting Opportunities this week:
Marilyn's Crafting Playground in Tewksbury.

Open Stamps
Every Wednesday from 10am to 3pm

As you can see this is my old blog. To visit my new blog with more crafting ideas go to www.stampwithmarilyn.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, July 23, 2010

Blogger's Challenge - Reuse & Recycle

This week's Blogger's Challenge was to recycle an item. I used a journal that I had picked up at the Doallr Store.

I covered the journal with retired Designer paper (I don't remember the name of the pattern...) and added a ribbon with a filagree brad to the end to make a bookmark.

This is a Recovery Journal for someone that was in a bad accident and needs to record her PT and progress. I have heard that she is doing much better!!

Check out what my other blogging friends have done.

Have a great weekend!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Great journal Marilyn! Pretty mix of colors! :D

BarbaraW said...

The journal turned out beautiful. I'm sure it will inspire your recovering friend.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

This is really nice. Your friend will much prefer keeping track of her pt in a cute and decorated journal than just using any old spiral notebook or pad! I just realized in reading your blog that my mom keeps a daily journal of her diet. I think I'll try to make something similar for her. I love the bird and the DSP. It really came out nice!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Love your altered book cover...it is so beautiful. Hugs, Gayle.

Clara said...

What a lovely recovery journal, very pretty and thoughtful too! :)

Tami Black said...

Marilyn,

This is really pretty and such a clever idea! I'm sure friend will appreciate your thoughtfulness!

Claudia Perry said...

what a great idea. Such a pretty journal will make the chores much easier...

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful journal- such pretty DSP and love the bird! How nice for your friend to have a nice journal to write her progress in.....!

Ida said...

Wonderful job with the journal. Your friend will enjoy how pretty this turned out as she recovers.

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful altered journal.

Basement Stamper said...

Great journal and what a wonderful gift to give.

Lisa Bohler said...

What a nice gift...love the soft tones of color that you chose to work with! Very pretty!