Marilyn's Crafting Schedule - Join the FUN!!!

Crafting Opportunities this week:
Marilyn's Crafting Playground in Tewksbury.

Open Stamps
Every Wednesday from 10am to 3pm

As you can see this is my old blog. To visit my new blog with more crafting ideas go to www.stampwithmarilyn.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Christmas Lodge Card

Good Morning!  I posted some pictures in my Splitcoaststampers Gallery yesterday of cards that I have made over the past two months.  I had not posted in my splitcoast gallery in a year - Yikes! 

It dawned  on me that there are a couple of cards that I made for swaps and had not posted to my blog either...  Ok - so now I am catching up!!  LOL

This is a card that I made for a Holiday swap this fall.  It uses the new Christmas Lodge stamp set that is in the Holiday mini catalog with several of the new products that are in the Holiday mini catalog. 

The paper is Frostwood lodge designer paper.  The ribbon is the new Quilted satin ribbon in cherry cobbler.

The base of the card is sahara sand.  I cut a layer of always artichoke and embossed it with the new Snow Burst embossing folder.  And what is a card without a little bling???  So I sprayed the artichoke layer with shimmer spray.

I stamped the Christmas tree from the Christmas Lodge stamp set using white ink on sahara sand cardstock.  I then embossed it with winter white embossing powder.  I carefully tore the cardstock around the tree.  I wanted that more casual look.  I tried cutting around the tree but that gave it a harsh look.   

Did you know that you can color our beautiful jewels with sharpies?  I thought the tree needed a little bling so added some jewels that have been colored red and yellow for the top star. 

I then wanted to change the Frostwood Lodge paper a little.  For some reason I really like plaids that are on the diagonal.  So I cut a 1 & 1/2" strip of the Plaid and then cut it on the diagonal with my paper cutter.    I added a white scallop border to the edgeof the designer paper and layered it onto the artichoke layer. 

Then I added the new Quiled Satin ribbon.  I just love the cherry cobbler and wish that I had purchased more of it.  To get the loopy look - attach a piece of sticky strip down the length of the area that you want to place the ribbon.  I start at the bottom and fold the end of the ribbon around the bottom edge and work up the card.  Press the ribbon very loosely with short loops along the sticky strip.  NOTE:  I don't cut the ribbon until I get to the top of the card.  Otherwise I never cut the right length!!  Attach the layer to the card base!  And Voila!

And the card idea - those of you that know me - know that I have very few original ideas!!  I use things in my everyday life for inspiration as well as Casing some of my favorite card designers!  This idea came from the cover of a Cards magazine from 2009 that had a Christmas tree decorated with some bling.  I loved the look of the card and just substituted our new products.

Have a great day!!

Marilyn

No comments: