All I can say is OMG.... My long time Stampin' Friend and customer Karyn Gouveia made this beautiful Christmas Tree with the new Simply Scored Tool and some Holiday designer paper.
How to make this beautiful tree? This tree is a variety of lollies made from strips of designer paper starting at 3" down to 1/4". Each layer is 1/4" smaller than the last.
1. Karyn started with designer strips of paper cut to 3" x 12" and scored on each 1/4". Attach another 3" x 6" strip to the end of the first strip to make a strip that is 3" x 18".
2. Then then accordian fold the strip and glue the ends of the strip together. You will have a ring.
3. Punch a circle with a circle punch over 1"
4. Put a small dab of glue in the center of the circle. Scrunch up the accordian pleated strip on top of the circle. Karyn mentioned that she used a glue gun for the this step and it went much faster. I have used crystal effects successfully too. Hold for a minute and then place under a heavy object until the glue sets. I used punches to hold my lollies together until the glue set.
5. The next layer is 2 3/4" x 18". Repeat the process going down 1/4" per strip until you reach 1/4". For the smaller layers - you will need to use a smaller circle punch.
Karyn used a star punch and dimensional tape to make the star on top thicker. She also used the jewels to decorate the center of the star.