Marilyn's Crafting Schedule - Join the FUN!!!

Crafting Opportunities this week:
Marilyn's Crafting Playground in Tewksbury.

Open Stamps
Every Wednesday from 10am to 3pm

As you can see this is my old blog. To visit my new blog with more crafting ideas go to www.stampwithmarilyn.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Technostamper Challenge 218

      
Good Morning!! 

My challenge to myself and my team is to do the weekly Technostamper Challenge.  So I finished the card(s) on Wednesday and then didn't get around to posting them... so here they are!

As you know - sketches are my favorite method for designing cards.  I choose a stamp that fits the shape of the card and then select a designer paper and coordinating colors.  In this case, I pulled out my stash of Beau Chateau designer paper and found two piece in just the right size for a card front.  So I made two cards with the same sketch!



So this week, I used the Tea Shoppe set from the Occasions mini.  Remember that Monday is the last day to order from the mini catalog!  You can see the Occasions mini here.

I stamped the tea cup image and saying in Marina Mist.  I just love this color!  Then I layered the stamped image onto marina mist cardstock and layered this onto a piece of pretty in pink cardstock that I embossed using the Finial Press embossing folder.  NOTE:  this embossing folder is retiring so is only available until May 31st!

I highlighted the pink layer with a piece of vanilla cardstock trimmed with a piece of vanilla cardstock cut with the scalloped trim border punch.  These pieces are layered onto a piece of Beau Chateau Designer paper cut to card front size 4" x 5 1/4".  In this case since I am making two cards with this sketch, I looked through my ribbon stash and really like the polka dot ribbon with the Beau Chateau paper.  But I have two pieces that are different shades.  I found that the marina mist ribbon looked best on the lighter colored sample and the pretty in pink ribbon looked better  on the marina mist sample!

So which one do you like better?

Don't forget to check out what other stamper's have made with this sketch with the blog hop!


1 comment:

MJ said...

Marilyn, I love this. That is a wonderful layout for this stamp set. Thanks so much for taking/giving the challenge! You are awesome!