Marilyn's Crafting Schedule - Join the FUN!!!

Crafting Opportunities this week:
Marilyn's Crafting Playground in Tewksbury.

Open Stamps
Every Wednesday from 10am to 3pm

As you can see this is my old blog. To visit my new blog with more crafting ideas go to www.stampwithmarilyn.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, December 28, 2012

Favorite Holiday cards

I hope that everyone had a great Holiday!!  I just wanted to post a couple of my favorite Holiday cards. I can never design just one card...

This first one is my favorite card for this Holiday season.  I used Baja Breeze ink with a brayer to create the soft blue background thanks to the class that I took from Michele Zindorf.  The tree with cardinals is from the Serene Shillouette stamp set.  I tore little pieces of white cardstock and layered them on the bottom to look like snow drifts.  I then rubbed dazzling details to give it a glittery snowy look.

These cards use the Greetings of the Season stamp set from the Christmas catalog.












The second card is one that one of my downlines, Kathy Bedell designed.  This is a beautiful 3x3 card using the small star punch from the ornaments set in the Christmas mini with the silver glimmer paper.


The third card is one that I designed and one of my long time Stampin' Friends, Kathi MacFadden embellished...

I used the Elegant Lines embossing folder and then used the  ornament framelits to cut out ornament shapes.  I put designer paper behind the cut out ornaments and added some rhinestones that I colored red with a permanent marker.  Kathy added the flocked designer paper from the Candlelight series which I thought looked better than regular designer paper.  This card looks great with a scrap of silver glimmer paper behind the flocked window sheet.  The silver wire was from last year's Christmas catalog that I just happened to have laying around.



 The fourth card is made with the Christmas Lodge set.  The tree is stamped using artichoke ink and enhanced with pearls that I colored with a red permanent marker.

The designer paper is from the Festival of Prints designer paper pack that was in this year's Christmas catalog.


My last card was made with the Holiday Ornaments Famelits and Ornament Keepsakes stamp set.  I used both whisper white and very vanilla cardstock for a subtle contrast.  The ornaments are stamped using Midnight Muse ink and the cardstock is layered with midnight muse.  I used the retired white satin ribbon for the bow.  The ornaments are embellished with the pearl jewels.



I hope that you have enjoyed a sampling of the cards that I made this Christmas season!!


No comments: