Marilyn's Crafting Schedule - Join the FUN!!!

Crafting Opportunities this week:
Marilyn's Crafting Playground in Tewksbury.

Open Stamps
Every Wednesday from 10am to 3pm

As you can see this is my old blog. To visit my new blog with more crafting ideas go to www.stampwithmarilyn.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Trees

I recently saw a card in the Cards Christmas Magazine using designer paper and a border punch.  My friend Karyn was over one night and we were looking through the magazine.  We decided to CASE (Copy and Steal Everything) the design using Stampin' Up! designer paper.

The first card uses the Holiday designer paper.





The second card was a design that I made for a recent swap that I participated in.  The theme of the swap was Vintage...  I love the look of the Vintage Christmas paper from the Holiday mini catalog...  I really like how this tree came out!

To get the vintage look on this card - I used a texture plate on the designer paper and then used basic brown ink to distress the design.  I layered this onto a piece of cherry cobbler cardstock.  I rubbed gold ink around the edge of the cherry cobbler and used gold Embossing powder to emboss the edge of the image.












Getting ready for the Holidays!!

Have a great day!
Marilyn

No comments: