Marilyn's Crafting Schedule - Join the FUN!!!

Crafting Opportunities this week:
Marilyn's Crafting Playground in Tewksbury.

Open Stamps
Every Wednesday from 10am to 3pm

As you can see this is my old blog. To visit my new blog with more crafting ideas go to www.stampwithmarilyn.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Technostamper Challenge 212


Happy Wednesday!!   This week's technostamper challenge is a very simple pattern which I really think came out nice!   And today, you get 2 for 1!  My friend Judy is here and so we both made a card using this sketch.  Since Judy doesn't have a blog - I will add her card to my blog.
 
I wanted to try out a couple of techniques that I have had on my To Do list and just haven't had the motivation to sit down and try.  I used the Bordering on Romance Stamp set and played around with Karen Barber's Marker Layering technique (featured on Spiltcoaststampers a couple of weeks ago).  I love the look of watercoloring but as one of those perfectionist's, don't like the way my watercoloring turns out!  LOL  Do any of us like our own artwork??
I stamped the flower image on watercolor paper with Black Stazon ink.  I used baja breeze and pear pizzazz markers to color the flowers.  The trick is to color the center edge of each petal and then draw the color out using a blender pen.  A beautiful technique.  It really pops when you use watercolor paper.  I have found that the blending isn't quite as smooth with regular whisper white paper.   I added a little bling with the jewels which I colored yellow using a permanent marker.
Then I cut a "frame" using the Labels Framelits and used baja breeze ink to distress the frame.  I really like the way this turned out.

Now my friend Judy also took on the challenge.  She made this beautiful card using the Fresh Vintage stamp set and Enchantment designer paper.  She colored the flower image with Poppy, Peach Parfait and Lucky Limeade.   Judy used the Labels framelits to cut out the floral image and a coordinating peach parfait layer.  She used Pearls to highlight the center of the flowers.
I am going to link this back to Mary Jo's sketch.  So don't forget to check out everyone else's cards!












1 comment:

MJ said...

Marilyn, you did a beautiful job with that technique. And your friends card is just stunning! Love them both, so glad you played along this week! Thanks!