Marilyn's Crafting Schedule - Join the FUN!!!

Crafting Opportunities this week:
Marilyn's Crafting Playground in Tewksbury.

Open Stamps
Every Wednesday from 10am to 3pm

As you can see this is my old blog. To visit my new blog with more crafting ideas go to www.stampwithmarilyn.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, July 28, 2012

New Christmas Ideas

Good Morning,

This is a card that I made with some of the new Christmas goodies for a swap last week.

I used the stamp set Joyous Celebrations that will be available next week in the new Holiday Catalog with a few other goodies.

I actually made the card using two different sets of designer paper since I couldn't decide which one I liked better.  The plaid Designer paper is from the Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper Stack.  There are 12 double sided designer papers in this pack!  The second set of designer paper is from the Snow Festival Series.  A pretty paper set with lots of great combinations of cherry cobbler, gumball green and baja breeze.

The card base is cherry cobbler with the designer paper as the next layer.  I then used whisper white which I embossed with the Holiday Frame Textured Impressions embossing folder.  To highlight the beautiful embossed frame, I used gumball green ink dabbed with a little shimmer paint.  I do love the combination of shimmer paint and ink to add a little sheen to a project!  The white embossed frame is layered onto a piece of gumball green cardstock.

Next is a cherry cobbler doily that I cut on the Big Shot and then trimmed to fit the inside of the embossed frame.

I stamped the oval frame from the Joyous Celebrations set and punched it out with the wide oval punch.  I also stamped the Christmas tree in gumball green on a scrap of cardstock.  I added cherry cobbler dazzling details to the tree to simulate ornaments.  Then I decided that the star on the top of the tree also needed a little glitter..

Tip:  Add a drop of reinker to a little clear dazzling details and stir with a toothpick or an embossing stylus to make a specific color of dazzling details.  I used a drop of daffodil delight to color the star on the top of the tree.



Then last but not least you need a ribbon....  I used cheery cobbler seam binding tied in a bow and glue dots to arrange the tails of the bow along the side of the tree.


So which card is your favorite?  The gumball green striped background or the cherry plaid background?

Enjoy


No comments: