Marilyn's Crafting Schedule - Join the FUN!!!

Crafting Opportunities this week:
Marilyn's Crafting Playground in Tewksbury.

Open Stamps
Every Wednesday from 10am to 3pm

As you can see this is my old blog. To visit my new blog with more crafting ideas go to www.stampwithmarilyn.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Swaps Part 3

 Good Morning.  So this is the third and last one of my projects for convention swaps. Again - thanks to Connie Ingram for taking swaps for me!!

This card actually took me much longer to make than I initially estimated.  Of course, I was making 18 of them for swaps...  That is a lot of squares to cut and butterflies to punch!

This card uses two of my favorite colors - Rich Razzleberry and Daffodil Delight. 
 The card base is daffodil delight with a layer of rich razzleberry. 

The front piece of the card is a layer of whisper white which has been embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder in the Big Shot.  To add the color to your embossed project, use a brayer and ink the raised side of the embossing folder with daffodil delight ink.   I added a little shine to this layer by spraying it with some shimmer spray.

The designer paper is International Bazar.  I cut squares of designer paper to 1 1/4".  I cut rich razzleberry squares to 1 3/8" to layer the designer paper.

The butterflies are stamped using the Papillon Potpourri stamp set.  I used the butterfly punch to punch out the butterflies.  The butterflies are stamped using daffodil delight, pretty in pink, old olive, rich razzleberry, marina mist and calypso coral inks.
I used Pearl basic jewels and Rhinestone basic jewels to decorate the centers of the butterflies.

Finally I finished the card off using a bow tied from Rich Razzleberry stitched grosgrain ribbon.



NOTE:  to make shimmer spray - add a few drops of shimmer paint to a spritzer bottle and add rubbing alcohol.  Shake and spray for a nice sheen.

Happy Stampin'!



No comments: