Marilyn's Crafting Schedule - Join the FUN!!!

Crafting Opportunities this week:
Marilyn's Crafting Playground in Tewksbury.

Open Stamps
Every Wednesday from 10am to 3pm

As you can see this is my old blog. To visit my new blog with more crafting ideas go to www.stampwithmarilyn.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Swaps

Hi guys,

Even though I didn't have the opportunity to go to convention this year :(   I did make some samples that one of my Stampin' Friends took for me.  So I will show case my samples over the next week.  So don't forget to check back...

This particular swap was for 2 cards and 1 3D item.  So which one should I post first?  Hum....



 This is a card that I made.  The design was actually inspired by a tag that I saw on Patty Bennett's blog.   Patty make a tag for a gift.  I took the tag and expanded it a few layers and made it into a card.  I also changed the colors to use the new in colors.

So here are the details:


I used the new stamp set Daydream Medallions with the new Floral Frames Framelits to cut out each layer...

The first layer is Raspberry Ripple cardstock cut with the large framelit. Set this piece aside.   The second layer is the largest daydream medallion stamped in raspberry ripple on whisper white cut with the next size framelit.

The third layer is stamped with lucky Limeade and cut with the 3rd largest framelit.

The fourth layer is a piece of pool party designer paper from the in-color paper pack.  I cut out a doily from the new Delicate Doilies Sizzlit die!  This die has 3 more doilies that coordinate with the previous doily die!!  I used the medium sized doily and then used the 1/8" taffeta ribbon in regal rose to weave through the pattern on the doily.

I layered the smaller medallion stamped in summer starfruit on
 top.  I layered on of the new in color Dahlia's on top with a glue dot! 

That makes up the outside of the card. 
 The inside of the card is a lucky limeade piece cut with the second largest framelit (same size as the raspberry ripple piece stamped on the white).

 I stamp the medium medallion on whisper white in the new in-color summer starfruit and cut this with the 3rd largest framelit.

I then stamped a message from petite pairs in the center of the floral layer.

I made this a unique fold card using a gold brad through one of the petals of the raspberry ripple medallion attached to the  petal of a lucky limeade layer on the inside of the card.  So the card swings open and closed.

I just love the combination of the new in-colors together and especially with this new set!




No comments: