Marilyn's Crafting Schedule - Join the FUN!!!

Crafting Opportunities this week:
Marilyn's Crafting Playground in Tewksbury.

Open Stamps
Every Wednesday from 10am to 3pm

As you can see this is my old blog. To visit my new blog with more crafting ideas go to www.stampwithmarilyn.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Swaps Part 2

Good Morning!

So today I am posting my second swap for my Stampin' Friends that went to convention.  We each made 2 cards and a 3D item which my friend Connie Ingram swapped for me.  Thank you Connie!!  I can't wait to see what I get back!

 So this idea actually came from my downline Michele LaCerda.  Michele made one of these beautiful little hats for me this spring and filled it with candy...

I had not seen this idea before and just love it!!  I think that it would be perfect for a wedding shower or wedding favors.  Or just a little gift for someone special!

 The other good thing about this project is you can use up some of those little storage containers that SU brads come in.  If you are like me and can never throw anything away - this is the perfect way to use them up!!  LOL  I have drawers full of them!!

This little treat uses the Scallop Circle Die 2.  I used the medium scallop circle and cut the bottom from very vanilla cardstock.  The top is a punched circle from very vanilla using the 2 1/2" circle punch.  Each of these circles is embossed using the square lattice embossing folder.

The top of the hat is made by punching 3 scallop circles using the 1 3/4" scallop circle punch.  I love the lacey victorian designs in this paper!

The flower on the side is made using the Fun Flowers Bigz Die for the Big Shot.  I cut a flower from pretty in pink cardstock and a second from pink pirouette.  I used one medium and one small flower to make the flower for each hat.



To make the flower - Spritz each flower with a little water and crumble each die cut flower up many times.  You want to break down the fiber of the cardstock.  Keep doing this until you can separate the layers of paper that make up the cardstock.  Pull these apart.

Each flower consists of one pretty in pink flower divided in two and one pink pirouette flower separated in two.   Use a glimmer brad to hold the flower petals together.    I used a scrap of lucky limeade cardstock with the smallest flower on the die to make the leaves.  After you cut the flower, tear it in half and separate he layers.

I then decorated the side of the container with a piece of white organza ribbon.




Assembly Instructions:
  1. Cut two 4" pieces of ribbon and attach to the large vanilla scallop starting in the middle using sticky strip.  You want the edges of the ribbon hanging off the edge of the scallop
  2. Attach the large vanilla scallop to the bottom of the container using sticky strip with the ribbon tails hanging out.
  3. Place one of the scallop circles cut from designer paper to the bottom of the container (I used a glue dot)
  4. Place a second scallop circle in the inside top of the plastic container.
  5. Attach the very vanilla circle to the top of the container using sticky strip and attach the 3rd scallop circle to the top of the container.
  6. I used a dollop of Crystal Effects to attach the flower to the side of the container and edge of the scallop piece.  You can also use a glue gun (Mine has mysteriously disappeared... I wonder who could have taken it???  Emily???).
Fill with candy and enjoy!!

Stay tuned for my next project on Thursday!!





No comments: