Marilyn's Crafting Schedule - Join the FUN!!!

Crafting Opportunities this week:
Marilyn's Crafting Playground in Tewksbury.

Open Stamps
Every Wednesday from 10am to 3pm

As you can see this is my old blog. To visit my new blog with more crafting ideas go to www.stampwithmarilyn.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Christmas Lodge - TSSC 236

 Well I had a great time at my Bring Your Own project Night last night!  I have these one Friday night a month.. I was determined to do Mary Jo's sketch challenge and just ran out of time this week.  As soon as I saw this sketch and immediately thought of the Christmas Lodge set.

So... last night - I choose the set Christmas Lodge and decided that I was going to develop some ideas with this set.   I used the Festival of Prints Designer Paper Pack which has 12 beautiful patterns of designer paper.  Some beautiful designs in this pack!!

 I also have to say that I love the new ink pads.  I am slowly replacing my ink pads and this was the first time that I used the Always Artichoke pad...  Stamps are so much easier to ink with the new design.  It does take some time to develop a little lighter touch inking up the stamp.
So the tree is stamped with always artichoke on very vanilla.  It is layered onto cranberry crisp cardstock and layered onto the houndstooth designed paper from the Festival of Prints designer pack.  The houndstooth design is layered onto a layer of  Early Expresso.  The card base is crumb cake

The ornaments on the tree are pearls that I have colored with a red permanent marker.  I just love this technique.  You can color the pearls or jewels any color with a permanent marker!

I layered the larger pearls on the side onto a 1/4" circle punched from the early expresso cardstock.

I can't wait to see what my other Stampin' Friends have made with this sketch!!

2 comments:

MJ said...

What a fabulous rustic looking Christmas card! I love it. Perfect, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Terry said...

Love the red pearls for ornaments on your tree. Beautiful!