Marilyn's Crafting Schedule - Join the FUN!!!

Crafting Opportunities this week:
Marilyn's Crafting Playground in Tewksbury.

Open Stamps
Every Wednesday from 10am to 3pm

As you can see this is my old blog. To visit my new blog with more crafting ideas go to www.stampwithmarilyn.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Single Layer Card


This is a card that I made that fulfills the rules of two different challenges...  I just love challenges..

The first challenge is on Butternutsage Designs and was for a Fall Glitter card.   I used shimmer spray made by mixing a few drops of shimmer paint into a bottle with rubbing alcohol.  It gives your projects a great shimmer effect.   I also used shimmer paint directly on the leaves.

I inked up the leaf with the desired color and then dabbed shimmer paint onto the stamp with a dauber before I stamped the image.  The shimmer is hard to see in a picture.  You can see a little in the close up below.


The second challenge is for the Late Night Stampers group.  I have been part of this group and lurking for over two years.  I look at the challenges each week but haven't entered one.  So here I go!!

This is challenge 190 and is for a single layer card with a Wow factor.  the Wow factor is the shimmer paint and spray. 

The cardstock is very vanilla.  The inks are cajun craze, daffodil delight, pumpkin pie and old olive. 

The stamp set is French Foliage. 

Thanks for looking at my card!


2 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

Super pretty Marilyn! thanks for sharing!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Beautiful Marilyn. Glad you played along, it's a great entry.