Marilyn's Crafting Schedule - Join the FUN!!!

Crafting Opportunities this week:
Marilyn's Crafting Playground in Tewksbury.

Open Stamps
Every Wednesday from 10am to 3pm

As you can see this is my old blog. To visit my new blog with more crafting ideas go to www.stampwithmarilyn.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Technostamper Challenge #233

Good Morning! Yesterday was a good day stampin' wise!  I have been in a little bit of a slump..  Sometimes it is so hard to get motivated!!

Anyway - I loved yesterday's sketch!  I actually started to make the card with one set of designer paper and then ended up making a second card with something totally different..

So the first card is my favorite of the two cards..  But then I always like the white on white or vanilla on vanilla look.  I am loving this new Champaign glitter paper too!  I see that a lot in my future with upcoming Christmas designs!!

 Details for this card.  I used vanilla cardstock with a layer of metallic gold cardstock.  I then embossed a layer of vanilla with the new Lacey Brocade embossing folder.  I also embossed two scraps of metallic gold cardstock with the embossing folder.  I layered the two pieces of gold cardstock onto the vanilla.

I embossed two ornaments from the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set and cut them out with the Famelits Dies.  Did you know that if you purchase the bundle of the stamp set and the framelits - you save 15%.

The ornaments are stamped with gold ink and embossed with gold Embossing Powder. 
 I used a rhinestone in the center of each ornament to add a little bling.

This is layered onto another piece of vanilla and gold cardstock and then onto the new Champagne glimmer paper!  Of course I used dimensionals to pop the ornaments.
 Now for the second card.  I used the same sketch but with Candlelight Christmas Designer Paper.  I love the two window sheets with the flocked brocade pattern that are  in the DSP pack.  As soon as I saw that paper I wondered how it would cut with the Big shot.  So I used the framelit die and cut two ornaments.

I layered these onto two ornaments onto ornaments that I cut from gold cardstock.  I love the candlelight Christmas designer paper.   So two cards, very different made with the same sketch.
Which one do you like best?

Don't forget to check out what my other stamping friends have made with this sketch.





1 comment:

MJ said...

I am thrilled that we are finally getting these die and stamp set combos! I love this card. Actually I love both of them. I just can not get in the Christmas mood yet this year. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!