Marilyn's Crafting Schedule - Join the FUN!!!

Crafting Opportunities this week:
Marilyn's Crafting Playground in Tewksbury.

Open Stamps
Every Wednesday from 10am to 3pm

As you can see this is my old blog. To visit my new blog with more crafting ideas go to www.stampwithmarilyn.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Technostamper Challenge #234 - Halloween

Good Morning!

Playing around with some of the new Halloween items in the Fall catalog.

I love this fall designer paper with the orange and brown plaids!  I see great fall ideas with this paper!

Howlstooth & Scaringbone - what a great name for Halloween paper!

I coordinated this paper with Tangerine Tango, Black and Very Vanilla cardstock to make this card.
I was planning to use my spider web embossing folder for the vanilla piece, but I don't have it with me at my temporary Creative Playground...  So I used the spider web stamp from the retired set Web Wishes!

I used the Toxic Treats set to make the center piece with the headstone.  I stamped the image in black on vanilla cardstock.  I then stamped it a second time in tangerine tango and cut out the headstone to add a little dimension.  I layered this piece onto two pieces of black cardstock that I punched out with the Decorative Label Punch.

Stampin' Tip:  Want to make a layer but don't have two punches in incremental sizes?  Punch the image from the coordinating color twice and layer them slightly off behind your stamped image!

I can't wait to see what other's have done with this challenge this week!!



2 comments:

MJ said...

Love it Marilyn! I have seen so many darling Halloween cards this year, I don't do much with the Holiday but I am thinking I am missing out, lol. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week! Oh and thanks for the tip about layering too!

Selene Kempton said...

I really love what you did with this stamp, making the coffin a different color. Very cool!